Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CUPDATE: Wish You Were Here

Hello dartbag family, and friends of the NYDO.

Due to overwhelming media and fan pressure,
I have decided to break my silence, and come
out from under my tropical seclusion.

Take a look at this photo:

This is where I am typing this 'cupdate'. Even as
I gaze upon this ocean paradise, I can honestly
say that I miss throwing with you all, huge-time,
and would rather be at Walter's, peppering the 19's,
and making noise with my fellow dartbags in
a heated match.

There's somethin' about those darts...and those 'bags.

Although.....looking outside right now....don't cry for me, Argentina.

This is my backyard right now...did I say I'd rather be at Walter's?


Well, the sun is about to set now. I need to stroll downstairs
and check it out. I never miss it...best seat in the house.
My glass of wine and hammock awaits.




I wanted to just say 'hey', and let you know that Cuppa Joe
is alive and well.

Before I split, here's a Cuppa sighting at the only 'dart-friendly'
place I've been able to find: "Cowboy Bills".
This is actually a separate dart-room with 2 boards.
I just recently discovered it...and plan to make it a regular spot.
I'd like to strike up some dart fever there if I can, while I'm here.
It's also spring-training, and need to get into game-shape.

There's also a mechanical-bull there....I have to think about
that one. It could give new meaning to "cuppa-bull".
Stay tuned...

The only other joint I have found with a board is a local spot called
"The Green Parrot". It's a great old dive...lots of locals,
great live music, but a nasty little hairy board in the back
corner. I'll go back there one night and post some photos.

I love 'the parrot'...it served it's purpose. I've shot many games of
solitaire over there, in addition to playing Jessie, who acted, and
still acts as my sparring partner.

I hear the local VFW has a board.....but I think they'll kick my ass
if I go in there. I'll give it a shot, and be sure to report it back here.

Miss you all....can't wait to throw again.

Wish you were here.....let me know if you wanna come down.

Peace - Cuppa

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Furious said...

One piece of advice. If you're going to ride the mechanical bull... take the darts out of your pocket first.

Ever been to a ER in Texarkana at 3 AM? I have.

NOT a mistake you make twice, my friend.

-Capt. Furious

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home