Friday, June 06, 2008

Week 10: Spring 2008

'Bags Blow Dubbles

Cuppa'cenz can't hold lead,
blow save, en route to 13-11 loss.
By Cuppa Joe Gasparino

Wacky headline, huh? Too bad. This one hurt.

FURIOUS and Glenn 'The Werewolf' Pike, set the stage with a brilliant effort, putting the 'baggermeisters-4 up 11-10, going into the final round of doubles 501. The traditionally deadly pairing, of Cuppa Joe and Vince 'The Hornet's Nest', uncharacteristically let it slip away, losing the final 3 games.

Give credit to Ted Kutzy and Rob Grant for a solid sweep, and to the rest of the 'Gaf Side Story II', including Sean McCain, Abel Vasquez, and one of the true alpha-dogs of the NYDO, Julio Andrade. Woof woof.

Like we said about 30 times on tuesday (makeup day)...who doesn't love Julio? I challenge thee...

The stat sheet is sun-tanning in Florida with FURIOUS, so details are sketchy. FURIOUS, in Florida again. Shrinkin' his head.

What happened tuesday....hmmm....jeez, I mean....details, details. Oh, here's one...

Cuppa played air-guitar with Julio's signature cane...to the sounds of The Grateful Dead, The Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and AC/DC. He also cut a few duets with Ted, including one of Cuppa's all-time faves, Tennessee Jed. (great video...starts dark, but the lights come...have patience)

The Werewolf picked it up in doubles 501, right on cue, when FURIOUS dropped Warren Zevon into the jukebox.

It was a ridicu-fun night...as usual. As it always goes. With these Dartbags.

Special thanks to BFT for droppin' by, and the lone Dartbaguette appearance of the night, by Nellie.

Now is a good time for another break...brought to you by none other than our dear friend, the guy that keeps us happy, laughing, and I can't get enough of dropping his name into our blog, I mean....he's Guiseppe Franco.

Note to all: do not eat sushi in the middle of a dart-match. Something about the beer, combined with the high protein in the fish...all that rice. Its Bloatmaster-5000. Its gasville, population 1 1/2. One...and a half, I said.

I recommend carbs...pasta...pizza...a bagel, with a little hayadoin' on it...I don't know. I love sushi, just not on dart-night, ok? Great. Word.

"He'll rip your lungs out, Jim! Heh...I'd like to meet his tailor..." I would really...truly love to meet that guy's tailor, I'm tellin' ya...

Gotta love Mr. Zevon. Cpt. Zevon, more like it.

"I saw Glenn Pike drinkin' a pina-colada at Trader Vic's......and his hair was perfect...

...(dip)!!!"

Never gets old. His hair...by "his", I mean, the dartist, formerly known as IYH. His locks are gosh-darned perfect.....is it not ridiculous? I mean...

Kinda like this man...a myth...the one true legend-of-locks.

I'm addicted...

Ladies and gentlemen.....one more time...the Dartbags...The Most Drinkin'est & Friendliest Darts Team in the NYDO (TM)...bring you:


GUISEPPE FRANCO

(I'm not kidding, Franco fans...you NEED to see this video. I implore you.)

On that note...I...am...outta here. Like Curt Gowd-a-here.
Our next match is postponed from monday to next sunday, June 15th.

What do you want from me. I'm just one man...

With a nickname.

Given to me by a greater man.

A man called EDNA. Thats right....EDNA, you got a problem?

Tommy....take us out, the way only you can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hj6-voLwB8

Peace...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home