Thursday, October 27, 2005

We Stand Alone Together

I respectfully disagree with you, el capitan, on
a few things. Love ya, just hear me out.

Despite Lou describing my eternal "glass-half-full" attitude as
"a drop of milk-in a glass-can I have some peanutbutter please?",
I'm sticking to the fact that I walk away feeling pretty good.

Yes, we ran into a buzzsaw and proceeded to get transformed
into mulch, but what's happened so far this season
is pretty much in line with what I expected...what I think we
all should have expected.

You're all smoking crack if you thought otherwise.

You're higher than Timothy Leary if you thought that our
goal was any higher than to "not get demoted to B league".

That goal is still attainable.

And as far as the writeup is concerned,
stick to the normal routine. I know we got crushed, but
break it down...don't let the terrorists win.

Game by game breakdown.
Round by round breakdown.
Highlights...yes, there were some good darts thrown.
Wacky dartfarts...we can bust on ourselves.
Farty's 501 victory....COME ON, GUY.

Enquiring minds want to know.
("I want to know")

Every cloud has a silver lining.
Every dog has his day.
The sun don't shine on a...

...sleepin' dog's ass.

And all the rest of that stuff.

If God gives you nothin' but lemons, then
you make some lemonade.

The early bird catches the fuckin' worm.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ok, I'll stop. I can hear Lou yelling,
"COME ON, GUY!"...and I can feel RJ giving me
an incredulous stare...so I'll stop the ra-ra's.

But the main thing I wanted to
address is this:

"... they reminded me of us from 2 seasons ago."

Come on, guy.

We stand alone together (for you Farticus).

Like a pure bred puppy, we have our deficiencies.
But we'll not inbreed and turn into one of
these "super-mutt" all-star teams we're seeing in A.

I also recall us kicking ass quietly and gracefully.
We never yuk it up, chant, yell, etc. Fortunately,
we're cool enough, or don't really care enough,
(sans the 19th hole) for that to be an issue.

It's DARTS, GUUUUYYYYYYYY!

We win by having fun, playing the best we can,
and doing our best "shatner".

Point is, we're about as similar as Derek Jeter
is to John Rocker...so save the reminders and comparisons.

(see pya Lou for further details)

Go Dartbags.

-Pep

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Furious said...

Guy... these write ups were hard enough to do when we only played 1 501 game each. I can't remember everything. And it takes a long time to it that way to boot.

I had fun on Tues. I hope everyone else did too.

Smackdowns happen. We'll get 'em next time.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home